Tuesday, May 10, 2011

2 Cute Penguins

Hey everyone and Happy  Tuesday. My Tuesday is especially happy because I have NEWS. Today I am happy to announce that I have been asked to be the May Guest Designer for 2 Cute Rubber Stamps. If you haven't seen these stamps then  you are totally missing out. They have rubber and digis to work with and they are soooo totally cute.

Well they have decided  to branch out into the realm of CHALLENGES. Hooray. The challenges run for 2 weeks so there is plenty of time to get in on them. The current challenge is CELEBRATIONS and can be found on the new challenge blog.

For my card today I used one of the brand new digis that was released last week called Penguin Wedding. I wanted to keep the card clean so that the image would be showcased but I also wanted it to be snazzy. I chose this awesome shiny design paper (didnt have a brand label) that was a bunch of squares. I cut 2 of the squares to use as the background, then I matted them in gold. I then found some love related Studio G sentiment stamps I had and I stamped them in silver and then traced over them with Stardust pens in red and clear. I also accented the image with the Stardust glitter pens.


Now I know you want to go snag some of the 2 Cute stamps from 2 Cute Rubber Stamps so follow this LINK and it will take you to the store page where you can choose the digi store, the etsy store or even try them our first with the freebies they have offered.


Challenges:
Stamp Something - DIGI Day
Catch the Bug - Anything Goes
Corrosive Challenge - Sketch
Sentamental Sundays - Anything Goes

6 comments:

Sprytebyrd said...

Such a darn cute card! Love how you've matted in gold, really makes it POP! Congrats on the GDT, way to go, my friend!!
Hugs,
Dee

Janet said...

cute card! thanks for joining the corrosive challenge!
hugs

Lori said...

Oh Jess, this is TOO cute. I love the adorable image and the layout and color combo is FABULOUS! Thanks so much for playing along at the Catch the Bug Challenge. I hope you'll join us again.
Lori

Cheryl said...

Super cute! Thank you for joining our “Anything Goes” challenge at Sentimental Sundays .

~Cheryl~

Regan said...

Aw, so sweet! Very cute image and love the black, white and red combined with the silver and gold! Thanks for playing along @ The Corrosive Challenge! :)

Tammy Miller said...

Oh this is SO sweet. I love the combination of papers and colors these are just PERFECT! Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Challenge for our May Anything Goes!!, Good Luck! I hope you'll join us again.