Monday, March 15, 2010

A Mother's Day Card

Wow I can't beleive its been almost a month since my last post. I guess I got to be one busy momma. Well onto my card for the day. This card was made for my Grandma for Mother's Day, I figured I'd get an early start this year so I'm not scrambling at the last minute. the card covers a few challenges.

Challenge one is for the I Love Digi challenge. They had a challenge to use a sketch with the theme of Card for Mom. Well here is my take on it and I am very happy with the way it turned out. If you haven't checked out this blog then you should, my friend Dee is on the DT over there. Here is the link http://ilovedigichallenge.blogspot.com

Challenge two is for Whimsical Wednesdays:The Diedrich Dare and the challenge was to use a poster of the Cheshire Cat as inspiration. Well I just got this fab freebie digi image from Motivet and I thought that it would work perfectly. Go check out the blog at http://thediedrichdare.blogspot.com

Challenge three is for Cute Card Thursday. Thier challenge this week was Celebrations, so I figures what is better than to celebrate Mom. I hope they count this even though I do not have a celebration sentiment on the front. Also go on over to their blog http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com and wish them a Happy Second Birthday.



Card details:
Stamp: Motivet digi colored with Copics and Bic Mark-Its
Cardstock: Core'dinations and DCWV
DP: BoBunny
Accessories: Cuttlebug, flowers and brads

9 comments:

Elaine ♥ said...

What a super card, love your take on the sketch and the gorgeous image :)

Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi this fortnight :)

Elaine x

Sprytebyrd said...

Hey Jess! Beautiful job, I love how you've colored the kitten! That flowery paper is really cool, too! And, oh, wait... is that Cuttlebugged paper I see??? LOL!
I'm so glad you got a chance to join us at I ♥ Digi!
Dee (Spryte)

Bev said...

Great card, I love the flowery paper too. Thanks for joining us at I love Digi

Poppy said...

Great card,lovely image.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi.
poppy

Karin said...

Super coloring! Thanks for playing at I Love Digi!

Callie said...

Love it Jess! So glad to see some familiar faces playing along on the challenges. Hope you get to play again. Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi!

Lindsey said...

Hello,
Iwas just trawling around a few blogs for some inspiration and saw this, it's lovely! I love the image and your backing paper is fab too :-)
Lindsey xx

Milliesmarvels said...

Such a sweet and Fab card, thanks for joining us for the I love digi Challenge!
Jane
x

Sara Henton said...

How adorable is that kitty?!?!

Thanks for playing with us too!!